Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Storm Rider

Muscat residents evacuated as storm clouds gathered. An unusually powerful cyclone has begun battering the coast of Oman with winds of 160mph (260 km/h) and large waves. Thousands of residents of coastal regions and the low-lying offshore island of Masirah have been evacuated. People elsewhere have been told to stay indoors, while schools and public buildings have been emptied to make room for the evacuees. Cyclone Gonu is bringing both strong winds and waves of up to 12m high (36ft), expected to be the strongest in 120years.

Low-lying areas have been evacuated. In the island of Masirah, 230km off the coast (140 miles), 7,000 people have left their homes. In the coastal capital of Muscat, people have been advised to stay indoors and to switch off their power. Schools have been designated as emergency shelters and the international airport is closed. The most powerful part of the storm was expected to hit Oman on Thursday, before moving north across the Gulf to Iran. While crossing the Indian Ocean on Monday it reached the equivalent of a Category Five hurricane - the highest category available.
Just receive an encouraging email from Raymond "you know water was submerged the road but it is never submerged our heart! go go Alan"...
I wont let temporary set back hinder my planning, I have been planning on this week Oman trip for the past month. I know there will be some obstacles but never imagine it can reach this size. I don't feel the need to brag or bluster, but other people may mistake that for meekness. I have nothing to prove, which is why I'm able to flout people's expectations so effectively. But, this time I gonna tell all before I go because I might not live to tell. I miss the Tsunami in Bali but I gonna ride the storm this time... I dont have another 120years left before I can meet her again.

1 comment:

  1. Morale of This lesson,

    "Sediakan Hujan Sebelum Hujan"

    hahaha...

    liangmoichiam

    ReplyDelete