Saturday, May 5, 2007

Baptism of Sand

It was around 10.30pm... I was tired physically and mentally after some really tough badminton session so I decided to drive through the sand. I thought it was okay, as there are tyres marking in the sand and the sand was seems shallow and compact with dim lightings. I was Sstuck.... My initial thought was "X&*%$@.... Oh God! Not Again!!"
This is not the first time I got stuck in the sand. A month ago, I stuck my yaris into the sand but manage to push it out with evil7 in the driver seat. This place is just about 100metres from my house, again I S.O.S ---> evil7.
This time we failed badly, in fact we dug ourself deeper into the sand.. I was like "Oh! Shit... how am I gonna work tomolo!!! We Msian got no experience driving in the desert so I gotta ask my German housemate for favours... I felt really bad as it's almost 11pm and mostly people are going to bed as tomorrow is a working day.
I can still recall vividly in my mind Johann first word "OH! JESUSsss... you dont stand a chance pushing this car out with our strength"... Again, my moral was being crush into pieces by this cruel but true words.
We went back to our house, found some iron chain and tried to pull the car out using his lancer but the chain broke together with my heart :( The chains purpose was for gym equipment instead of pulling car. It was made for human muscle but not machine... I am really an IDIOTzz!!!
This is how deep my tyre got into the sand... After numerous attempts to pull the car out failed and got stuck deeper and deeper. I felt like giving up. It was so embarassing when every car that pass by look at me as the idiot driver, as it's not enough that I have to get my frenss into sandy messy and figuring out next course of action. I really wanna dig myself into the sand and hide my head in there...

Then come Saal a UAE national, just of the age of 20 living opposite of this place. He gave us some suggestion, helps us push the car and even go the distance of kneeling down and dug the sand around the wheels. The locals never give us a good impression of their personality as they are known to be racist and arrogant. But this kid really changes my whole perception of their races, he thought I was china man but he came to help as well.


We tried pushing the car with three people, we tried pulling the car with another car, we tried dug out the sand around the wheel with out bare hand and we tried putting some bricks behind the wheel for some grips but nothing seems to work, it was almost hopeless…

Our Last resort... four of us take turn to jack the car up, dug the sand using our bare hand under the wheel and insert some bricks under the wheel… After an hour of hardship. y0! We got the car out... Thanxxx God! Is amazing that only in time of needs do we united, no wonder there are so many trial and turbulence in this world.
Ten Lesson Learn that Night
  1. There is no short cut in life.
  2. Don’t Assume (Ass U & me),
  3. Don’t think calm sand is no quick sand.
  4. Don’t always follow the path of others, it might not be yours.
  5. Friends are angels without wings. Only in time of needs, will you see they real form.
  6. Don’t condemn a whole race simply because of a few bad apples.
  7. You represent your country, races and family. Everything you do will reflect how others think of them.
  8. Be patient and think you will see the light. We are given brain to solve problems not to mourn.
  9. Get a cell phone with torch light; you never know when you gonna need it. (w810i got a very bright torch ligh!!!)
  10. If God got you into it, God will get you out of it. Trial and hardship is God’s tutorial to enhance us. Anything that doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.


1 comment:

  1. in malaysia, it would probably be flood water instead of sand, hehe

    ReplyDelete