Saturday, April 19, 2008

DUBAI Deep Sea Fishing

I woke up very2 early in the morning... In fact too early for a weekend, 6.15am! Summer is getting nearer and nearer so within this few weeks I gotta finish all my outdoor plans before the heat become unbearable!

When I saw this cross-bread between sampan and speed boat! I thought "sei lol", I'm sure Lillian will get sea sick. Dhs2500 for a 4hours in a sampan like this, It will be torturing in the open sea. HOW WRONG AM I!!!
The boat rides from the dock to open sea was nice, the fresh sea breath and the open sea was a good run away from the hectic sandy Dubai. This is also the first time I view the Bruj Al Arab from its backside!\
Muru tested out the Fake Baits, its hard and tasteless.
We agreed that it’s not fair to the fish as like those fishes are being conned!
Just like the fishes, we felt being conned as well because after those rods are installed at the back of the boat, the boat just go round and round and round waiting for fishes to bite the bait. No Human intervention required! I hate technologies!
All we needed to do, was just sit and wait!!
WhAT! we didn’t pay DHS2500 just to WATCH this boatman fish!
We want to fish… we wanna get dirty, we wanna fight the fight!
\

When the fish finally hit the bait, we all take turns to TAKE PHOTO with the fish! A barracuda about 1metre in length.

I am a honest person that's why, admitting that I didn’t caught this razor sharp teethed fish!

Then the boat continues turn and turn, round and round fishing with the same technique. The eleven of us start getting bored with this PAID TO SEE THE BOATMAN FISH kinda activity. Everybody started to complain, we should have bought some beer and have a party instead.

\

So, after much complains from the group the boat man deciding to stop the boat and let us do some REAL fishing!

I caught my first fish in those little ponds in Sibuga using a bamboo fishing rod but I didn’t get a good look at that fish because I pulled the rod too hard and the fish was thrown up into branches of the trees nearby and its never came down! That’s my only prior fishing experience.

\

The sea is an unforgiving terrain; men had tried to conquer it for centuries. Now I tasted the real power of the sea.
I was sea sick just after 30minutes of struggles; it was the most torturing moment in my life! Worst than the surgery on my knees, worst than my bike accidents and worst than any physical pains I ever felt. Not sure if its equal the pain of giving birth.
It was like every organ inside me has been messed up, all the usus-usus entangled and I wanted to vomit but too malu to do so because Lillian and the others girls are still feeling strong.

\

Physically and mentally, it was torturing, when people was waiting for the fish to bite the bait, I was counting down the time to return home. Grandma always reminds me that I am a mountain goat, I should never go near the sea. I regretted not listening to her.

At the end of the day, I feel great that “WE” caught 15fishes. Not a bad result for the ELEVEN including me who was paralyzed most of the time.
We took all our fishes to Lam Kwai Fong restaurant. It is always good to know someone who own a restaurant! KEKEKE! NOT FREE but at least... not so expensive lol!

We also grabbed all the cans drinks provided in the boats and the boatman got a bit angry by this typical chinese action of us! HAHAHA! After all we paid for those but we only had a few because all of us didn’t wanna take too much during the trip to avoid SEA SICK!

Thanks GOD, I woke up early and had to skip breakfast. If not Dubai Sea would had been my vomiting ground and save me the shame!

I was back to my very best after I came out of that SAMPAN! And Ah Sam the Lam Kwai Fong Owner cook us fantastic dishes with all the fishes we caught!

The fish soup was my favourite, simply GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
When I went back to online that day, I still see the monitor goyang2!
No more DEEP SEA FISHING!

9 comments:

  1. i never try deep sea fishing, won't mind trying though. i think i can stomach the seasickness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan, get me a tin of a regular Coke fr UAE on ur next trip back PLEASE..... If there's a special advert on it, even better! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah... now you live like "orang kaya" already ah....

    l*ns* la... HAHAHA.....

    p/s : Kuruskan badan la! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fishing in dubai nice blog Great work i like it very much

    ReplyDelete
  6. fishing in dubai one of the good place where you can enjoy dinner with family and friends

    ReplyDelete