Sunday, April 27, 2008

Musandam - A trip to discover the Arab Identity Dillema!

It was my third visit to Musandam, an Oman district divided by the UAE. One of the most beautiful place in the middle east but I hate crossing broders because of the troublesome immigration procedures. Sometimes is fast, sometimes it takes houuuuuuuurs but that's also the reason behind the "Private" beaches.

Unlike any other journeys, the journey to Musadam has always worth the effort because of its beautiful sceneries and skill challenging curving roads between rocky hills and coast. Seldom do we see that Nature and Man-made structures mix so beautifully, Musandam wouldnt be Musandam without its road! First glance, its like this plate need some repairs but the second look confrim its has been stripped of its 2stas... HAHAHA! I stayed here once and it definatly not worth the 4star standard but 2star would have been too cruel. The owner must has enraged the Oman Sultan! This time we just use the Hotel for the girls to change into beach gears.

It was my first picnic at Musandam beach, there are roofssss for beach goers but I know it still wont go well with Princess Lilin. The Sea Water is very nice, its not very salty thus I feel very comfortable and can stay hours in it. Is magic that Adelle got this Sambal Belacan from Malaysia... Simply delicious!
\ The best thing about this trip is that there are 7women and 3men... so food and other simple neccesity are well taken care of.
But the BEST food that day is made by a MAN! Chung an architect, the brownies is the best I ever had in my life. HAO HAO SEK AH!!!

After an hour swimming and fishing at the beach, the interesting part begins... When those "Ham-Sap-Ah-Lah-Pak" come and enjoy the "SCENERIES".

A lot people wonder, they never seen a women in their life?

They dont feel ashame or anything sittting in their car watching some women in bikini on the beach!
Just recently, UAE hold a VERY BIG CONFRENCE regarding their National Identity. They feared that in years to come, the would lose their own identity! With 90% foreign work force and 80% of the population are Foreigners, they got everything to fear. Especially, when their people enjoy the western world so muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch!
This Jeep with fully black tint has been there WATCHING over us for almost 3hours. I just wonder if the driver & passengers inside fainted because their NOSE BLEED TOO MUCH!!! They thought by tinting their car so dark nobody would know who they are but that doesnt matter because that make things worst for them. We will just assume all their MALE are desperate like this!!!


Motivation... Motivation... Money make me come to Dubai and Lust make this Fat Ass run his first mile! I have run a lotta miles in my life but I never run a mile with an Under-Standing! I start to believe this things called "Mind over matters", with the "stick" pointing upwards towards the huge tummy... he still can run... run... run...

The big QUESTION remains...

Is it their horniness or our disrepectness that cause this conflict?

Western thought would be - PLEASE RESPECT OR PRIVACY!

Conservative thinking would be - DONT PROVOKE!

There is clearly a clash of culture here in the middle east! From Dressing to Arrange Married, Food to Drinks, Women Freedom to Manhood... etc.

Fishing in Bikini... do we really need to wear bikini to fish? I am no fishermen but my logic tell me NO. I hope she dont read my blog, if not I will be in deep shit... hahaha! I believe that we should respect others culture especially when we are in their country and we need not to do things that clash with other culture unnecessary.

\Things that cant be help like when you wanna go have a change and the washroom is a few kilometer away, that's acceptable. But this only make those Ham-sap-Arnab much more eager to take a glimpse. Those car passing by, drive so slow even the tortise can overtake them.

Beside feeling sorry to make those Prevert in CARS sins... it was a good trip but Princess Lilin (Candle) melted in the hot sun.

10 comments:

  1. u seems to be more holidaying than working there, wow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only can say...

    "So envy you lar..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. myself never been to musandam
    but, i've been to dibba
    have you?

    it's nicer and calm
    plus, no need to stamp visa
    (even though it is in oman side)

    try golden tulip dibba

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about Fishing in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Musandam Dibba tour is a unique and nice experience, you must do it at least for once in your life. The natural beauty of Musandam Dibba is has always been a source of attracting people from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Musandam Dibba Musandam dibba is pure natural beauty. I like it very much. I Want to visit again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will go along with your website Musandam Dibba

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. Musandam Dibba

    ReplyDelete