Monday, March 16, 2009

The Long Walk

I was about to walk the long walk from my apartment to Dubai Mall, The biggest Mall in The World. Driving will take me about 5-10minutes including finding parking & turning up the multistorey carpark and walking will be approximately about 30min...
Since I sold my car, I have to Walk The Walk... No choice but I am blessed with Friends... I met Kriss when waiting for the lift and she is also going to dubai mall so she took me there lol! So lucky...
The multi-storey parking is so big and Multisss... there are tickets machines everywhere for customers to get a ticket free to show where they park their car. I am sure, it will be a nightmare trying to locate a car without one.
One of the main attraction of Dubai Mall is The Kinokuniya bookshop... I think its the biggest bookshop I have ever been to.. There are all kind of books inside, from english to indian, chinese to japanese, korean & the list goes on and on...
The walkways for this mall is very wide and it has contribute a lot to the title biggest mall in the world. The fastfood burger Johnny Rockets sounds great but it price also very expensive. The cashier asked me do I wanted cheese in my burger and I asked her back, is it free? She said 4dirhams and I said no, TQ! Time has change... There are water features everywhere in the mall... some are about 30m high. Water features are one of the most popular decoration in dubai. Its nice to see but expensive to build and maintain. Most Dubai famous buildings has water features, its like Water Features is a must in the Land of Desert? What set Dubai Mall apart from the rest of Dubai Landmarks building is its lighting decoration. It was magnificient. They must have spend a fortune on these stuffs, lighting decorations are everywhere from ceilings to floors... I dont think any World Famous Shopping Mall can exist without Brand Like Armani & LV but in Dubai mall, these shops are actually still under renovations... Sean Connery still sell hot despite his age... A Legend without doubt... I doubt LV can find any Actor more famous than LV... only SEAN! But our very own Jimmy Choo shop is open for business... I am not up to standard to buy it but still can window it!
Aquarium inside Dubai mall is the main attraction of the mall... If I am not mistaken it the biggest Glass Panel in the world? anyway... non-paying tourists used to be able to go very near to the glass but since not many people wanna pay 25dirhams just to walk through the "underwater" tube... they setup a barricade to stop people from going near unless they PAY!
Just beside the Biggest Mall in the World located the Tallest Structure in the World... THE BURJ DUBAI
Behind every landmark building, there are thousands and even millions of labourers... It was 37degree celcius that day! They are 0rdinary supermen to me...
Within this Dubai Mall & Burj Dubai vicinity, there is The 0ld town hotel... Its not old but designed 0ld... not exactly 0ld, just according to UAE tradisional buildings... It looks like some romantic boat ride at the man-made lake but they are actually cleaning it. It takes a lot of manpower, time and machinery to maintain the "Blue-ness" of the lake if not it will turn Black-Green. Money is the secret to a beautiful blue lake... I prefer this hotel than The Famous 7star burj al arab, as this hotel give visitors the feeling of Arab-ness. Its their original taste... tourists come to taste the local enviroments not so western structures.... Just like every Landmark Buidling in Dubai... water everywhere but here its mix to perfection and give the feel of 0asis. Super cars are everywhere in UAE but super long cars are rare.... Burj Dubai is so huge... It drawfed all the building around it and I think they purposely design all building around it to be less than 3storeys high to give it even a BIGGER feel.......
I decided to walk back that day, halfly because I dont want to pay any taxi fares & partly I want to get the "slave" feel I got when I just came to dubai almost 3years ago.
It took me 2hours to walk from Dubai Mall to my apartment... It was suppose to be a 30min walk but because of my ignorance. I walk a lot of *yin wong* way... How I wish I have a bicycle like them... I used to laugh at them but Things change... I cant always be the big dog!

Lifes goes one...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for local tour around Dubai! More please :)

    ReplyDelete