Friday, December 5, 2008

Team Social -Desert Safari-

Desert safari wasnt my cup of tea but since my director also going, its best to go since now everything *fung tao fo sai*. Go sau-sau fung also need la, anyway its fully paid by the company... I have been to desert safari but this one is a luxury type as it cost twice as much as the market price.

I was expecting Toyota Land Cruiser (the self-claim king of desert) for dune bashing but instead came three Chevy Tahao, a much bigger 4x4.
The dune bashing location wasnt the same with my 1st time experience 2years ago. There was a private guard at this so call *RESERVE*?
It is a must the reduce the pressure in all the tyres before any dune bashing start to give the 4x4 more grip.
While waiting for the driver to setup the 4x4, there were camels for customers to take pix with but I dont even wanna get close to it. Dirty Smelly... yak!
This dune bashing experience was actually less excited than my first, maybe because I wasnt suprise anymore or maybe the dunes here were less challenging or maybe the big chevy tahoe tackle the desert better or maybe the driver was less skillful... maybe... maybe...
There were so many maybe but there was still people vomiting. The 30-40 vehicles convoy stopped few times for us to take photos.
A couple started a bollywood dance in the desert but I couldnt hear what they were singging but they did the usual stuffs. Hidding behind the bushes...

Rolling on the sand! I thought it was just bollyw00d gimmick but they really *kow lui* like that!

Not sure what these two photographers doing? any interesting stuffs in the sand?

After 2 hours of dune bashing and stopping, we finally reach the Fake beduin camp side. It looked more like a terrorist camp to me. The Paktan driver muka terus tukar hitam when he heard me said that. LOL!

All drivers become waiter in this camp. We were greeted with arab coffee and dates at the entrance, only I drank it did I notice that they reuse all those small cups. Feel like Chee Chiong Kai* drink... YaK!

Why this tour cost 2x more than those capalang camp side... ALCOHOL! LOL! For Kwai Lol, Social = Alcohol!

Most male were eagerly waiting for the belly dancing but everyone was dissapointed with her looks but she was really doing a belly dancing. She got a belly bigger than mine... Without a belly how to do a belly dancing le?

She did try to make the crowd join her dance but since most of the 100+ crowds are made of *very experience* tourists along with their families. She didnt taste much success except this korean guy!

Then I proceed to Hyena section... Phew! This was kinda hard to take for that artist! Legs!
I did a Scorpion on my left arm to show my CRUELTY but with it looks like a cute version of the scorpion.
So what was the best way to promote SABAH to my colleague? My Powerful right Arm!

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is so amazing blog ....i am really inspired to read about camel riding .dune bashing in 4*4,drinking alkohl and arab cofee.
    Desert safari

    ReplyDelete