Saturday, December 20, 2008

Xmas with Horses

My company Xmas party was held in the top floor of 2nd most *sinful* place in d0bye, where alcohol + horse racing happen every thursday night.

Nad al Sheba, the main horses racing clubs in d0bye.
Entrance to the public stand are free and there were plentiful of labourers. Those labourers were trying their luck predicting the winning horses. Gambling is illegals so instead of legalized gambling, d0bye gomen offer a total of Dhs50k prize money a night for those who succeed in predicting the winning horses of the six races.I was amazed by those labourers determinations, they studied all the information of the horses & jockeys seriously before making their prediction. I think they must be regular here and they were everywhere, even filling up the grass path. Prize m0ney is a clever idea of d0bye gomen to fill up that areas.Even the TALI-Buns were there to test their luck... We werent seated with those enthuastic people, We got our place at the top Fifth floor. A *sinful* place which sell Alcohols. I went even thought I had problem walking with a sprained ankle because it was held at a private box of the Dubai Racing Club (Known as Nad al Sheba). Not everyday I got the oppurtunity to get into such expensive and private place so I had to go even if I had to crawl there.I dunno much about horse racing but since making prediction is free, no harm starting my crash course on horse racing. I did study for 5minutes but I gave up in the end, instead I choose horses with names that I like.
Horse "Pride of Baghdad" from USA - that's UN-BELIB-ABLE!
Dinner was next...Dirty Rice... Didnt seems very dirty to me!
I didnt see much horses that night, I spend the night getting drunk!
But at the end of the night...
I became the top predictor of my company and won Dhs750 Gift Voucher. I beat all my british, irish, scottish & etc colleagues whom some are Horses racing-addicts. Wakakakaka!!!

What to do with this 750dirhams voucher, this WAFI shopping mall is full of expensive branded stuffs?

No comments:

Post a Comment