Saturday, January 16, 2010

Beijing 4.2 -National Museum-

The most impressive modern structure I have seen so far... the roundish bronze structure is just part of the National Museum. I have seen mega structure in Dubai but none represent the community identity and creativity like this building From this structure, I see China *modernize* in its own way. Truly an unique building which represent its own people progress. Relics inside doesn't really interested me, mostly are ancient cup, bowl, weapons & etc. But some paintings are interesting!

Mona Lisa of China

You can take pictures anywhere in china but not in Egypt so I found China to be more *song* as i can fully utilize my 450D!

China's history are much of interesting than Egypt but China's ancient relics are not so impressive. Egypt has these *WOW* factors in their relics that makes me felt amaze and this kind of feeling are lacking in China's stuffs. Maybe because of this relics at display are mostly daily utensils which I hardly use, maybe aunties who spend lotta times in the kitchen would appreciate it?

I wasn't interested in used bowls, chopsticks, accessories & etc but there are rare items of nature that is my cuppa tea. Buried wood in the shape of stumps & Serpentine Jade... Something I have never seen before. I like to learn new things, that's why bowls & knifes.... errr!
The wood is believe to be of a felt tree trunks, buried underground for millions of years. The wood is compacted & dihidrated thus becoming compact & firm yet retaining its original form.

The st0ne on top of it, is a Serpentine Jade / Fragrant Jade as it produce some long-lasting fragrance which it absorbed from plant.

Interesting Stuffs... I thin both of these must be super expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment