Saturday, January 16, 2010

Beijing 5.4 -Chengde Dinner-

Chengde was renovated with lotta lightings to make it night's view magnificent. Chengde is consider a small town by China Standard, only 450k population. Chengde was originally named Rehe Town ( Town of Hot River) but few hundred years ago, one emperor decided to build a retreat for training soldiers and a mini-version of potala palace of Tibet thus this small town begin to grow.
Chengde was 5-10 degree colder than Beijing. Luckily, we has been alerted about it. Dinner at chengde was one of the best I had. The best one was the hot sugar sweet potatos, it has to be dip into cold water before ate as its just hotly outta the oven. BESta....
I didnt think I could taste the legendary "coke+halia" in China. I almost forget the fomula which was introduced by Peter Wong my primary skool teacher. Not as goodanee as the sugar sweet potatos in super cold winter but its gave some flash back memory of childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment