Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nepal 5.2 -Pashupatinath-

I learn a lotta lesson of life from Nepal but nothing marks a deeper scar than Pashupatinath. Watching the open-air cremations at Pashupatinath may make me very silent.


It was hard to imagine that this narrow stream of water was actually the holy Bagmati River, on a par with the Ganges in India. The long stretch along the Baghmati River is devoted to cremations. A bridge divides the royal site upriver, from the commoner cremation sites downriver. The Baghmati feeds into the Ganges, which spills out into the Indian Ocean, the ultimate point of dissolution and regeneration for king and commoner alike. However, the atmosphere was different: it felt relaxed; it seemed that locals came for a day out, almost like going to a picnic. For them, there are nothing scary about death, it's just a cycle!

I couldn’t help imagining that every breath I took, I was inhaling some dead body ashes. I saw one Japanese looking guy walk closely to the burning body with his video cam and capture the whole moment without fear. I took a number of pictures with my CANON 450D but I lost the SD card that contains those sceneries, it’s never meant to be shown!

There was one Sadhu who wore policeman like sun glasses keep talking to me but I ignore him for his appearance alone scare the hell of me. In Hinduism, sadhu is a common term for an ascetic or practitioner of yoga (yogi) who has given up pursuit of the first three Hindu goals of life: kama (enjoyment), artha (practical objectives) and even dharma (duty). From Wikipedia!

The place just creep me off!
Then we went to Bhaktapur an ancient Newar City, one of the oldest city in Nepal but I lost the memory card along with those DEAD BODY PIxs!
After that the fat guide insisted we have out lunch at one restaurant. I'm sure he got heavy commission from here, as heavy as his ass because this is the most expensive food we had in Nepal. 2500rupee!
After Lunch, in fact a late lunch around 3pm, we good-byed that fat guide with 1000rupee and going to Nagarkot!

No comments:

Post a Comment