Friday, October 31, 2008

Egpyt 4.2 -Perfumes-

After Luxor Temple, Muhd did what every tour guide will do. When Trev said Muhd is bringing us to a Perfume Museum and we will be shown how ancient perfumes are made. I know all along it will be Lions' den again but I didnt expect this Lions to be so damn poor in devouring their victims.
Just like all "tourist-ripe-off-shops" we were given papers and pens! Then, one of the kids just showed us how ancient perfumes were made through WORDS of mouth only! Here was where s0ha was much better; although she brought us to a tourist-ripe-off-shop (TROS) but she personally shown us how papyrus papers were made in ancient times while, muhd just sat in the corner and wait for us to be ripped off, very unprofessional. If you wanna cheat our money, also please make us feel good being cheated la!
The double storeys shops looked nothing like a perfume museum, its looked more like a beauty saloon with super bright lightings and ultra strong aroma. The three kids (gentlemen) whom entertained us, looks more like gangsters than a perfume experts to me. Slippers and Jeans berlubang-lubang??? Hermmm... Not even good enough to sell condoms!

It took something like 6months to produce those allegely pure perfumes. These perfumes were extracted from natural flowers and this technic has been in use since thousands of years ago, also allegedly used by Cleopatra. By the way, I learnt from s0ha that Cleopatra is actually Greek!
I was the only one interested to take pix, the others just sat and waited for the whole episode to be over. To justify the purity of their perfumes, just a drop of it will be enough to change the colour and smell of 500ml of mineral water. Indeed a highly concentrated liquid and its no alcohol, as alcohol will not mix with water.

Then came the most interesting part! According to the so called perfume experts, their perfumes were actually the same as some of the famous brands. Due to marketing licenses and other regulations, they couldn’t name their perfume accordance with those international names. I think its same like buying LV, Gucci and Prada from China made factory.
I was not interested in perfumes; I never bought any perfume in my life and not intended to start here. I got my God given perfume, my odour! She who loves me, must love my odour too!

Beside perfumes, they also sell oils for headache, body aches and etc. The super expensive version of Tiger balm, VICKS, Deep Heat and yokoyoko. S0ohai advised us not to buy anything from Luxor or Aswan as things are more expensive there and her words were quite true.
There were free drinks for us, soft drinks, tea, coffee and also Hibiscus drinks. I requested a hibiscus drink, my national flower. Not sure if that was a sign of patriotism or unpatrioticism, I just wanna have a try. I finished the hibiscus drinks as well as Lian's coke, very thirsty lah! I wondered why those Hongkies didn’t even touch their soft drinks, so I asked them not to waste drinks.

Then, a shocking discovery! They think that the bottled soft drinks are not of its original state. The bottles have been opened when they presented to us and there were no bubbles in the bottle. Sei lol! They sounds right le, it must either refilled by them or leftover from others!

Piuk! Piuk! Piuk!

Errrr, I am immune to Hepatitis but not sure about others illness!

Don’t care la, die die la!

We didn’t buy anything from the "Perfume Museum" and Muhd must be starting to dislike us, LOL!

1 comment:

  1. tis is the reason i dun take tours.
    but again, tat's the fact and sometimes the tour guides are a kesian lot too....

    ReplyDelete