Thursday, October 30, 2008

Egpyt 5.1 -The Colossi of Memnon-

Main menu for that day was Valley of The Kings.... Sounds very Geng lerrrr! But I had no idea what it was, I think it must be a place full of Kings' bodies, nothing else to see in Egypt.

The Journey to Valley of The Kings (VTK) took us through some really remote areas with Ninjas lookalike characters along the road. It was scary after what I read about Kidnapped Tourist from that morning Egypt's newspaper. Did Ali & The Driver "Kapmai" to sell us to bandits?

This roadside signboard "3 Course Meals" means this is a tourist spots lorrr. Aiy0... dont "Ji Kei Hak Ji Kei" Ali & Driver werent going to sell us to bandits.

Suddenly, the van stopped in a nowhere land without Tourists. Everyone was like “????”. I thought Ali & driver drove us to some remote area to rob us because there wasn’t anyone there!

After10minutes come a bunch of Caucasianz, not sure what nationality but sure was not Asian! Phewww Relieve!!! With the sun directly hitting my eyes, I hardly can open it. Everyone got sunglasses; I didnt to bring mine to Egypt, one of the necessities beside the cow boy hat.

Talking about sunglasses, I learn from my friend Rashid (A safety officer working for my old company), we only buy Safety glasses, RM10 per piece, very stylish and durable. Today safety glasses are not like those I used in Kemahiran Hidup Bengkel. Today safety glasses styled are similar to all those branded stuffs.

2 statures, very big stature that looks like ninja turtles to me. It was actually destroyed by an earthquake sometimes ago and archaeologists rebuild it like LEGO. This Ninja turles are actually “The Colossi of Memnon” known to locals as el-Colossat, or es-Salamat are two massive stone statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep III. For the past 3400 years they have stood in the Theban necropolis, across the River Nile from the modern city of Luxor.

No comments:

Post a Comment