Thursday, October 30, 2008

Egpyt 5.5 -The Wait-

Then we went to lunch at the side of Nile River. Very good view but food was so so lorrr! As usual “lunch is included but not drinks.” But we are very thirsty le, so tak tahan drank about 100pounds worth of softdrink & mineral waters.
When we left this restaurant and going towards our van, there was a young boy about 6-8years old trying to sell tissue to us. He was begging us to buy his tissue "One Dollar, One Dollar, 0ne dollar!". He reminded me off those pitiful children I met in Petra which I refuse to give them "One Dollar" and I regretted it since. With the persuasion of the girls, I gave him 5LE for 2 pack of tissue. I told him " Go to School, dont come here anymore" and I repeated that few times.
He kept following us and tried to sell us more tissues, that was a bad move by me. I shouldnt have buy from him out of pitiness, that only encouraged him to become a better Salesman not going to school. I never gave to beggers because I didnt one to encourage them to beg. That was a mistake by me, I hope that boy will go to school!
1st time I seen a lizard in egypt but the best part of this restaurant was its washroom. There was a big signboard "NO TIPS", but there were still few young boys giving out toilet papers trying to get some tips. We finished lunch at 2pm and went to our Van. We were made believe that the Convoy will be leaving at 3pm but the driver who talked little english ssaid convoy leave at 4pm. So there were 2hours more, what to do?
The driver bought us to this Diamond Gold Silver Stores Gifts, He had work as a tourist driver for 20years so I was very sure this was a Tourist Rip Off Place. Because most guides brought tourists here to be ripped off, Mr.Driver who had 2 hours extra with us also send us here following their style but I was sure the driver wont get any commision. He just dunno where to bring in this two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment