Thursday, October 30, 2008

Egpyt 5.9 -Basma Hotel-

Doing 300km in 3hours was very3 fast considering that the roads quality was something like 2lanes backstreet. I doubted anyone would be able to survive, if we crashed. It was about 7pm when we reached Basma Hotel, Aswan.
Basma means Smile in Arabic, the way this Hotel displayed its flags not only made me smile, I laughed out loud! The 3flags at this hotel entrance were flags of USA, JAPAN & GERMANY! What were these countries flags doing here? Where was the Egyptian flag? Very patriotic to $$$$$$
Basma Hotel Aswan was situated on Aswan’s highest hill, offers a commanding view over the river Nile and the city of Aswan but we were there after sunset and will be leaving before sunrise, nothing to see. I didnt go out that night because I was tired and tomorrow will be very early!
Mr.Police waited in the van while man-tai lead us inside. Just like all other hotels in Egypt, there were security guards and metal detector at the hotel entrance. I never thought they were useful until they started to body check man-tai like terrorist. It was an annoying sights, tourists were not checked even if the metal detector alarms sounded but a local like man-tai was checked thoroughly. They never checked me or any of my tourmates from hotels to tourist spot. I guess these guards got scanner eyes? I believe its all down to appearances, I feel bad for man-tai to be treated like this.

It was 7.30pm by the time we checked into our rooms and we gonna check out 3am the next morning. Why were we staying in a luxury hotel again? There were nice swimming pools and others good facilities but from 7.30pm to 3am, we weren’t able to see 50% of them. The quality between a good and bad Egypt Hotel was so huge, it was like Heavan or Hell and there wasnt anything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment