Thursday, October 30, 2008

Egpyt 5.6 -Abdul a.k.a. Man-Tai-

This is Abdul in "The Redeemer" post, he will be driving us to Aswan. He has been tourists’ driver for 20years but he spoke little English. We nicknamed him, Man-Tai (Initial D 藤原文太 Fujiwara Bunta). We had to entrust our lifes to him because there wasnt any other choices but of cause God is with us.

Watching action movies and experiencing first hand being surrounded by machines guns and armies were totally different. No matter how many grenades Rambo throw, it will never hit me but a small misfortune here might send me to grave.

Everyone was quite except me who ran around to snap photos. At first I daren’t to snap pix openly but after I saw a kwai lol took photo of those policemen, I started to snap non stop, thinking it might be my last pix. Looking at the Fortified Tower and the police pick-up truck, two reasons for convoy came to my mind, its either we are going to a dangerous place or they just want to make sure they isn’t anything bad going to happen to us.

When all the vans, buses and cars were in line, a police came over for registration. Not sure what they asked Man-tai but I heard “MALAYSIAN”, so I assumed he asked for the passengers nationalities. Man-tai speak little English and he also understood little English, without a guide by our side and that add more fear factors into our journey. What if something happen and nobody was there to give us a translation?

Anyway, die die laa. Don’t care adi, we had come too far to suk-chun now.

The convoy sets off at 4.15pm with few policemen holding AK47 opening the junction for us. As far as I could see, there was just one police jeep in front of the convoy of about 20 vehicles. The convoy start 15minutes late, I preferred to sit in front so that I could get the best angle for my pixs. So exciting to be able to get hallucinated with “Danger”, I thought of changing my nick to Cruel “Danger” Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment