Thursday, October 30, 2008

Egpyt 5.4 -The Rock Show-

After the Deir el-Bahrithat Ali couldn’t hold his Tour Guide Urge anymore. He asked if we are interested to see how statues are crafted out of stone. I knew, we knew and he definitely knew that it is another “Tourist Rip off Shops “(TROS)! ! !
It was only 11am but our convoy to Aswan will only leave at 4pm, so go hear people "chui sui" also no harm la. Get a feel of being ripped off also alright mah, after all I come for experiences not to save money.
That so called "Factory" was just 10minutes drive from harisu temple ops hacpitsu. Ah! Never mind laaaa, harisu-harisu laaa, can’t recall any Egyptian name laa. The Pot Making demonstration last not more than ONE MINUTE! "Definitely not more than ONE MINUTE!"
Then the Chief Speaker gave us a very lame example of their crafting quality. The so called China Made Pot was super heavy and The local made was very light but hard. He even throw it on the ground without breaking it. As an engineer, I know the thickness of the pot are different that's why different of weight.
Then we were ushered into the lions' den, I felt like playing Arcade Street Fighter!
Round Three…
Get set!
Fight!
Ho Ryu Ken!!!

Nobody was actually interested, the atmosphere was as cold as ice and the speaker looked like very impatient and Ali also sat quietly at the side only. First blood was my honour, pointing to the God of Sex I asked "How much ah?" USD70 for the whole Statue but Cher only wanted the kukujia so if buy separately the kukujiao was USD60 and the man USD10. That was a joke by the speaker! Once you asked the price for that item, they will sell very hard. There are elements of forcing you to buy it.

I just wanted to ask the price for That Sex God Statue but he took out another three Statues. Very long tails to handle, Once you asked the price for that item, they will sell very hard. There are elements of forcing you to buy it. There wasn’t any price tag on all those items there. Now I know how it feels to be in Petaling Street as a foreigner. If possible, I would like to leave without asking but that seems very impolite. There are few items which interested us but most of us daren’t to ask because we know these guys are die hard sellers.

8 versus 1, still lose very sai lei! This guy was good, I mean good in bargaining. That was his jobs after all. I "Kalah",I asked a lot but I only ended up buying a USD10 Sphinx Glow in Dark Mini Statue! Lesson learnt; pretend you don’t speak English!

Tired of battles I went out of the shop, while others still battling inside. When I got near our van, one of the teenagers who show us how to hammer a stone approached me. I dunno what was he up to and he brought me to the spot behind the van where the shop owner could not see us and gave me three different types of stones

Teen "This is my gift for you."

I said "Thank you!" but in my heart still got such big Frog Jumping around in Egypt?

Teen "Please give me some gift!"

Diu! I'm sorry but I can’t stop my vulgar words anymore.y0! Got trapped already… hahaha

I said "How much?"

Teen " 20 pounds!"

Tired of battling inside the shops, I have used up all my politeness, I said "Fuck You, NO!"

Teen "5pound!"

I gave him 5pounds, than he asked for another 5pounds for his friends.

I said "diu.. Fuck off my face!" I gave him another 5pounds

Despite being fucked off by me, they still very happi and smiled like a donkey. I would say this is one of the best 10pounds I have spent so far! Who say money cannot buy happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment