Friday, October 31, 2008

Egpyt 4.0 -LuXor-

Luxor at last, that was %$£XO*&^ of 16 hours ride. No Pain No Gain? My body and mind were in pain but I gained nothing and loss a lotta precious time. Luxor is the ancient Egyptian city of Thebes, known to the world's as the greatest open air museum. I was hoping LuXor is worth the 16hours agonies, LuXor has to make herself better than Cairo to compensate up my precious time!
It was a super relieve the moment I stepped out of that train, it was like holding my shits for 16hours and finally burst it out on a gold plated WC. The biggest different between sitting in a plane and a train for 16hours was the ass pain. If I spend 16hours in a airplane, I proparly need a wheelchair but on train, if was a pretty normal routine. ALERT from Lonely Planet - Luxor has more pick pockets than Cairo but for me this town seems calm and peaceful, Air yg tenang jangan sangka tak ada buaya!
I was very-very eager to shout at someone, most likely the person who was gonna pick us up. But the moment I saw our new guide who was totally the opposite of that fat, short and arrogant s0ohai, I couldn’t scold him. His name was Morehammat, six feet plus, lean body and a charming smile. Later I also gotta know him as a famous pub singer in Luxor. I just couldn’t get angry looking at him. Not only he looked better than s0ohai, he also bought each of us a big bottle of mineral waters near this cow butchery. A way to remind us, that we are lucky to be alive?
S0ohai failure to buy us the sleeper train ticket spoiled our whole trip and this 7hours delay of the train from Cairo to Luxor also messed up our schedule. We should be going to Aswan on sleeper train instead on Luxor, then only back to Luxor on day six.
Staying aliveeeeeeeeeee.... oh oh oh! Staying Aliveeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment