Friday, November 14, 2008

b0c0r

1803 hour, 9 November 2008 was once of those days... I reached the parking lot around 5.45pm and found my right back tyre flat. I was planning to drive to the nearest petrol kiosk to pump it up as what I usually do but dunno why this time I felt like changing it? Maybe because I haven’t change a tyre for a long time or maybe because I have nothing better to do that night ( no football, no badminton, no party, nothing at all) or maybe I felt it this time the tyre will burst because I haven’t service my car since February 2008 and over 10,000km of mileage.
I have been concentrating on my left back tyre as it has eaten a nail for the last six month. There were few occasion where my tyre almost ran outta air but I manage to reach the petrol kiosk in time to save it. It was just plain laziness not to have it fixed, but I never expect my right side tyre to go flat. That was a surprise, I haven’t found out the clause yet.
Everyone laughed at me for buying this dynamo power torch light but that day I fully appreciated it function. Actually this UAE invented product can be use to charge varieties of phones as well. My w810i has a very good torch light but I am using k810i that doesn’t have torch light but got a better camera flash. So new doesn’t mean better and this dynamo power torch light is superb if being use in remote areas.
I inserted the carjack from behind but found it very hard to transfer my power to the carjack, my arm length was just enough to reach the carjack handle and after 15minutes I still found the car wasn’t jacked up an inch.
So for the first time since I bought this car 10 months ago, I read the Owner’s guide. I found out the right place to jack and also many other car maintenances services. I checked the black oil, water level and etc for the first time in my life. If things are done the right way, its easy!
American invented the car with three nuts on the tyre and Japanese “ciplak’ it with four nuts, American reinvent it with five nuts and all this nuts were making me nuts!!! The first three nuts weren’t easy, I have to step on the wrench and jump-jump before it loosen but the two last nuts just wont come out! NUTzzzzzzz! Actually I exhausted the wrench by not loosening the nuts in the correct order.
I was totally exhausted after 15minutes of trying with my hands, legs and body. I could hardly stand so I have to call for help. I tried to HSBC road side assistant and I was expecting so professional help on line but instead some ah-cha who spoke ah-cha Inglish asking stupid question rudely. That stupid road assistant will not change tyre for me but can tow my car to service centre and that will cost me Dhs150.

I wasn’t that stupid to go for that option because I need to wait for an hour for that tow car and wait for the next day for service centre to operate. Changing tyre will only cause me max 30minutes! So I called Roy for help, he drive the same car as me and his work place was just 15minutes away.

That buffer time in my life was very productive indeed, I thought about lotta stuffs about my life, work, faith, love and etc. It was godsend because He wanna me to rethink about life and especially how I treated my car badly.
The last time I changed a car tyre was 2005 in Sri Hartamas. It was my superior tyre, we just had lunch and came back to find his car tyre has been punctured because his parked in someone place...

No comments:

Post a Comment