Friday, November 21, 2008

Dubai Mall Aquarium

Dubai mall located less than a kilometre from my home but I have no intention what so ever to visit it since it official opening a month ago. For me it will just be another Shopping Mall.

By chance I visited Dubai Mall and actually there wasn’t much to see, most shops were still under renovation but it major attraction The Mall’s Dubai Aquarium and Discovery Centre was magnificent.

It officially earned the Guinness World Record for the world's "Largest Acrylic Panel" (32.88 metres wide x 8.3 metres high x 750mm thick and weighing 245,614kg).

From certain angles the connecting line between panels are actually visible. I doubt any vehicles could have loaded the 33x8m2 panel; it has be manufactured on site or assembled there. I believe the latter hypothesis shall be correct since there were visible connecting line.

Equiped with only K810i, this is the best I could have done... Althought their Aquarium is the bigest I have seen but their fishes were small. Their two Giant Groupe (Loong tun) were babies compare to what I seen in our Sandakan "Hoi siong wong" wakakakaka...

But the Stingrays' tail were really looooooooong, at least 3times the length of its body. The one that killed Crocodile hunter...

Money makes Wonderss!

No comments:

Post a Comment