Thursday, November 6, 2008

Egpyt 6.0 -Convoy2 Aswan-Abu Simbel-

I checked out from Basma Hotel at 3am, that was just 6hours of sleep. Not enough to repay the lost of energy due to the anxiety of last night mantai's F1. Still feel very sleepy even though I had a morning bath but felt super excited about getting nearer to "Danger" Sudan. I only spent total of 8hours in the hotel (7pm to 3am), didnt feel worth the money. I didnt even touch the swimming pool water, only molested it through my eyes. This was our 2nd convoy in less than 24hours and I didn’t feel the anxiety like I felt with my virgin convoy. Maybe I had got numbed about all this convoy hype or maybe I was too tired to feel it. I was more worried about my driver's skill as I believed they will "fly" the van.

Just like last convoy, police came to register our vehicles and mantai gave them the necessary information. The "Aswan-Abu Simbel" convoy was bigger than the "Luxor-Aswan" convoy. There were more police, dogs and also mirror to check the bottom of vehicles, sounds like serious business compare to the main2 convoy yesterday. There were at least 40-60 public vehicles there, from big buses to small saloon cars.

The hotel packed kids’ breakfast for us, it consisted of 3 breads half the size of my palm, one small box of fruit drink and one yogurt. 3am was too early to feel hungry so I prayed for our safety, plugged in my Ipod and sleepzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment