Thursday, November 6, 2008

Egpyt 6.1 -Romantic Ride-

Yesterday we rode through sunset and today we ride through sunrise. The most Romantic trip ever, some more at The neck breaking speed of 160kmh.
Abu simbel is about 300km south of Aswan, estimated it will take us 3hours for the journey. I slept at the early part of the journey, when I woke up an hour later, there wasnt a single vehicle visibled. The road was sooooo straight and empty, if not for the well maintained tarmac road, I would have thought we were going to no man land. There wasnt much to see on both side, mostly desert and a few settlements. A-mad said the gomen planned to develop this area into a agricultural land.
Man-tai didn’t slept the whole night as he party till morning. aiya! End of Puasa leh, one of the greatest joy of being "wui-kow". Man-tai brought his prodigy, a young man in the early 20. I nicknamed him (藤原拓海 Fujiwara Takumi) the son of man-tai in Initial-D.
We were also joined by a new Guide named A-Mad, so there were eleven of us in the Van. That was a bit over the comfort zone in the van with the last row being the lugagges storage. I was actually planned to sit infront to continue my snapping spree but my plan got distrubed again. aiya...
Tok-hoi was "flying" at 160km/h but it was less scary than what man-tai did because this road was straight and empty. The most linear road I have ever seen in my life, not a single obvious curve visible until 2.5hours later and if we didnt turn at that junction, we would have reach Sudan. It was a long and boring journey, I was afraid tok-hoi would fall asleep due to the non-challenging journey. It was a good decision from mantai to let tokhoi drive as even mantai didnt party till the next morning, I was sure mantai would have exhausted himself with last night "race with time"!.

Tok-hoi was a curly haired guy, as in chinese saying "Jiu Mao Lan Kow Yit". I was sure he didnt listen to any plea for slowing down. In fact, I saw A-mad did talk to tok-hoi in arabic after a-mad saw us looking abit worried with the neck breaking speed. On our way back, he even tailed gated a lancer at 160kmh and he even stopped once instance to argue with a driver behind... crazee!

No comments:

Post a Comment