Thursday, November 6, 2008

Egpyt 6.3 -Th0se Walls-

Abu Simbel was all about these faces in the walls. I seen lotta ancient stuffs the last few days but these walls still "Waaah" me. Abu Simbel two massive rock temples was about 5-6 storeys high. Some said this is a romantic site because Pharaoh Ramesses II built this place as a lasting monument to himself and his queen Nefertari. I can be this romantic too if I can afford the 200 wives, Ramesses II had.

Its construction was impressive but its re-construction was even more impressive. These 2 temples have actually been moved by UNESCO in 1964 to its current location from a lower area. The relocation of the temples was needed as the water started to rise due to the construction of Aswan Dam.

The whole operation took 4years and USD 40million.

The egyptian Pounds (LE) of 5LE has Abu Simbel Temples as it background. 5LE not very expensive lorrr but no easy to get someone faces on currency la..

If you see some actsy local guard like this, you know it "No Photo, No Video" kinda things inside the temple. Anyway its too crowded to take photo inside. Imagine what will happen if everyone started to take photo inside... STUCK! I didnt went into the 2nd temple, the temple for the Queen as I think stuffs inside will not interest me.

This guy is holding the Key of Life (KoL), its not use to open doors but simply a symbol between life & death. S0ohai said KoL looks like a scandal and ancient egyptian believe the only thing betwen life and death is the scandal because people live above the earth and die go into the earh. Boleh percaya la...
A-mad pulak said, The Hole represent woman and the stick represent the man... so they make life! Percaya siapa? I think A-mad theory more realistic la, Ancient were got think so much one. they only think s3x la!
W.A. Taylor is my boss name, he must have came here before me. Siao... He even crafted his name on it, much "geng" than my initial "A"! That's why he is my boss lorr...

There were so many names crafted on walls, there wasnt any place left for me to craft! Siao eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment