Thursday, November 20, 2008

Burning M0ney

If not of L insistent to watch fireworks show, I will surely miss the greatest fireworks show on earth because as usual, I am lazy to go crowded places. Someone told me that those involve in the Beijing2008 firework setup are the one who gonna make this show bigger and better.

We waited at the beach opposite of Atlantis. A friend with some “inside” info said the fireworks gonna start at 11pm. So we wait and wait and wait… till 12.15am also no fireworks. I thought d0bye brankrupt already, fireworks also can’t afford to purchase but at least the beach sand was cool and it was a nice place to relax as well and we actually planned to leave, suddenly...

At 12.30am the show begins… It was the opening ceremony of The Atlantis and a lotta A-list Hollywood, Bollywood and Sportstars were invited; Kylie Minogue, Denzel Washington, Robert DeNiro, Charlize Theron, Lindsay Lohan, Mischa Barton, Boris Becker, Lily Allen, Richard Branson, Sol Kerzner, Quincy Jones and also lotta Bollywoods stars which I have not much ideas who are they. If I knew Michael Jordan will be there, I would have bought a ticket to watch that show in Atlantis.

I was more interested to fire up situation than watching fireworks until I experienced first hand this beautiful sight. Although the fireworks display was engineered to perfection but most of friends’ main topic was the global financial meltdown. I think this fireworks display alone cost more than USD 10millions, some of my financial analyst friends thinks that d0bye's pocket has been cleared but they still push... push... push... to make believe they still got money even they are broke!

Fireworks weren’t launched at a particular areas but it was launched all around the lining of 520km of the palm. I think that 15minutes times 520km = more than USD 10 millions? Really burning money… These fotos cant cover the every fireworks launched, the line was so long... those who didnt know in advance of this fireworks might thought it might be missles attack from Iraq or Afgan?

I was surprise to see Atlantis and Palm Jumeira still exist after what look like a nuclear bomb explosion. The beach was jammed with people... All these photos were taken by Samuel using E450!
Youtube VIDEO... Impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment